I think our balcony has more greenery than all the sum total of all the other balconies in our apartment complex. That’s saying something, given the 4-balcony townhouse monstrosities opposite us.
What we’re growing:
- tomatoes (planted late, but doing well, thanks to worm castings)
- dwarf Meyer lemon
- Swiss chard
- Brussels sprout (from the No-Dig workshop run by The Watershed)
- lettuce mix
- arugula / rocket
- dwarf peas (The shoots are delicious in salad)
- French breakfast radishes (If you plant too close, pluck the extra shoots and throw them in a salad.)
- After-dinner mint
- And some other stuff we had seeds for and decided to throw in the mix…
It’s not quite the same as our Connecticut garden, but here in Sydney, I think we’re doing pretty well.